All hail the power of the squat rack. Many have entered, few leave without getting bigger, stronger, or faster.
The squat rack is the pièce de résistance of every home gym up and down the country. As the name suggests, it’s a must-have for an effective squat, but don’t be fooled by its name; you can perform a variety of other compound exercises too.
The HyGYM Multi-Gym Squat Rack allows you to experiment with weight training safely. We’ve all seen those ‘gym fail’ videos, funny to watch, but not quite as funny if it’s you.
Workout at home. Stay Safe. Get yourself a HyGYM squat rack.
So, if you’re ready to take your home gym setup from amateur to pro, grab a protein bar, and we’ll tell you why you need one…
What are the Benefits of a Squat Rack?
A squat rack allows you to work out in various ways. It will take your home workouts to a new level. The benefits of adding a squat rack to your home gym armoury are colossal; let’s take a look at some of the said benefits;
It’s Versatile … We Mean Really Versatile
Although the squat racks primary purpose is intended to help you squat safely, you can perform a variety of compound movements such as:
- Shoulder press
- Chest press
- Barbell lunges
- Overhead press
Adding compounds to your training routine enables you to gain power and strength without hurting yourself. The HyGYM Multi-Gym Squat Rack allows you to smash your home workouts safely. Say goodbye to that poorly made squat rack you’ve fashioned out of some old MDF wood you found in the shed – yes, we’ve seen some of the DIY squat racks out there.
It’s User Friendly
A squat rack makes performing weighted squats and other compound movements more accessible. It’s a user-friendly piece of kit that’s designed to help you train dirty.
There’s no bigger pain point for someone who works out than a plateau. Adding a squat rack to your home gym lets you push through them safely like an absolute pro.
Are You Tough Enough? – Increase Your Mental Toughness
Without a squat rack at home, it’s virtually impossible to perform squats safely.
Very few emotions match those of using the loo for the first time after a brutal round of squats – they’re highly demanding physically and mentally. It takes a hell of a lot of drive and motivation to keep doing the same movement and progressing your strength.
Moral of the story? 1. Get a squat rack 2. Squat 3. Apply to SAS: Are you Tough Enough? 4. Win it.
What Squat Rack Should You Buy?
One of the most important reasons to use a squat rack is safety.
See a squat rack as a spotter who won’t ask you, ‘Have you seen The Tinder Swindler on Netflix?’ halfway through your one-rep max.
A squat rack is excellent for spotting when you’re weight training. Here are a few things to look for when buying a squat rack:
- Strong construction
- Large weight load
- Safety pins
- Extra Attachments
Introducing: The HyGYM Multi-Gym Squat Rack
The HyGYM Multi-Gym Squat Rack boasts multiple functions that are ideal for all your home workout needs. This power cage provides excellent functionality and improved performance and is perfect for home or personal gym users.
Our compact squat rack is 86 inches high with a 50mm steel frame. It’s perfectly suited to fit comfortably in your home or garage gym. With a maximum capacity of 400KG, you can achieve your desired workout goals from the comfort of your very own home.
Our squat rack comes with a host of features to optimise your training space. These include dual thickness pull-up bars and solid steel j-cups. The j-cups include safety locks, which keep you and your bar safe during training.
Our HyGYM Multi-Gym Squat Rack comes complete with a cable pulley system with two anchor points to maximise your training. Use our pulley system to store up to six plates which add stability to your rack during your body-weight training.
Soft-touch handles are included so that you can train your triceps and complete full extension dips.
The multi-gym also benefits from two solid safety pins to ensure your safety during your workout.
All the key features you would expect from a professional standard power squat rack and more in one compact and versatile package.
Our Top 5 HyGYM Multi-Gym Squat Rack Exercises
Who wants to get the most out of their squat rack? Let’s take a look at our top five squat rack exercises.
Squats strengthen your lower body and core muscles, burn calories, and can help you lose weight.
How to do it:
1. Stand with the bar on your upper back and your feet shoulder-width apart
2. Squat down by pushing your knees to the side while moving your hips back
3. Break parallel by Squatting down until your hips are lower than your knees
4. Squat back up while keeping your knees out and chest up
5. Stand with your hips and knees locked at the top
The Barbell Chest Press
The bench press is great for hypertrophy of your pecs, but it will also build up your shoulders and triceps big time.
How to do it:
1. Lie on the bench with your eyes under the bar
2. Grab the bar with a medium grip-width (thumbs around the bar!)
3. Unrack the bar by straightening your arms
4. Lower the bar to your mid-chest
5. Press the bar back up until your arms are straight
The deadlift works most of the legs, lower back, and core muscles—a great total body exercise.
How to do it:
1. Stand with your mid-foot under the barbell
2. Bend over and grab the bar with a shoulder-width grip
3. Bend your knees until your shins touch the bar
4. Lift your chest up and straighten your lower back
5. Take a big breath, hold it, and stand up with the weight
The shoulder press is one of the best exercises for strengthening your shoulders and upper back, and it’s great for the core.
How to do it:
1. Stand with the bar on your front shoulders, and your hands next to your shoulders
2. Press the bar over your head until it’s balanced over your shoulders and mid-foot
3. Lock your elbows at the top and shrug your shoulders to the ceiling.
Pull-ups improve overall upper body and grip strength. Perfect for growth…
How to do it:
1. Grab the pull-up bar with your palms down (shoulder-width grip)
2. Hang to the pullup-bar with straight arms and your legs off the floor
3. Pull yourself up by pulling your elbows down to the floor
4. Go all the way up until your chin passes the be bar
5. Lower yourself until your arms are straight
The HyGYM Multi-Gym Squat Rack does more than just help you squat, and it’s a highly versatile piece of kit that’s a must-have for your home gym. If you’re looking to strength train regularly at home, our multi-gym squat rack can help you perform a ton of movements safely while allowing you to progress the weight over time.